If you're a business owner, you've experienced unprecedented change in 2020 as the global pandemic shifts customers' buying from in=person to online.
Your website, already a vital part of your success, just got a LOT more important -- especially if you’re a brick and mortar business whose doors may be closed.
WordStream reported that store visits fell a mind-numbing 90 percent in February and March of 2020. Your website is now your customers' primary point of purchase. Although stores attempted to reopen in June, the data are showing that online shopping is here to stay.
If you haven't adopted e-commerce for your business, you may be struggling. We understand it can be difficult to know what to do next.
At LRS Web Solutions, we're want to help businesses not just survive -- but thrive -- in this uncertain economic environment with e-commerce.
If you're a small business owner, you may not know how to get started or have the time right now to learn. Here are some answers to commonly asked questions.
Why Should I Add E-Commerce?
Just a few weeks ago, it was fine to have your website have your business hours, location, and a few descriptions of your products.
But today, foot traffic has come to a halt, and you need to get your products into your customers' hands via delivery - quickly and safely.
- Give you an additional revenue stream
- Maintain branding with minimal third-party intervention
- Keep customers on your site as they make a purchase
- Keep customers coming back to your site
- Give your customers a seamless website experience
If you now need a way to sell your products online, you don’t need the hassle of trying to learn a third-party e-commerce platform, set up an account, add your products, and manage back-end frameworks like configuring DNS and setting up Point of Sale. Our experts can do this for you very easily.
(There are enough other things to worry about.) Let LRS manage the setup for you with our own e-commerce platform within our content management system, LRS Antilles.
But I’m Not a B2C Retailer.
If you’re a B2B, government, or non-profit, you probably have even less desire to try to learn a third-party, consumer-focused platform. At LRS, we have experience in adding e-commerce platforms for businesses that aren’t traditional retail sellers. Health care and government organizations are just a couple of examples of clients who have benefited from our LRS Antilles e-commerce module. This digital platform is customizable to your business, your products, documents, and your goals.
Many businesses sell “non-product” services and goods online. Some examples:
- Installations (and quotes)
- Appointment Scheduling
- Event Tickets
- Digital Gift Cards
- e-books and Research Reports
- Service Memberships
- Subscriptions and E-Learning Materials
- Consultations/Coaching Sessions
What Are the Steps to Add E-Commerce?
- Develop Your Strategy.
- Choose a Domain, Subdomain, or URL Utilizing Your Current Domain
- Choose a Platform for Your Ecommerce Website.
- Decide on Pricing and Set Up Payments.
- Set up Your Store and Add Products (It doesn't have to be a custom design. Many e-commerce solutions like Shopify come with a large selection of themes ... some free and some available for a fee.)
- Make Sure to Offer Customers a Great Checkout Experience.
- Market Your Growing Business.
- Look after SEO and analytics.
- Decide What Shipping platform You will Be Using.
- Make Sure You Have packaging Material to Ship Orders.
- Some products Have Shipping Restrictions, Ensure You Follow All Applicable Rules.
- Do you Have Marketing Material You Can Add to Your Packages?
How Can I Make Sure My Customer's Information is Safe?
- Partner with a reputable hosting service (ask them for stats on their "uptime")
- Select a payment processor who can manage online payments
- Use HTTPS. If it Begins With “https” Instead of “http” it means the site is secured using an SSL Certificate (the s stands for secure). SSL Certificates secure all of your data as it is passed from your browser to the website's server.
- Choose a secure e-commerce platform.
- Secure user-level information.
- Secure your admin area.
- Don't store sensitive customer data.
- Run vulnerability tests on your website.
- Ensure your website is PCI DSS compliant.
- Keep your website updated with the latest security updates and patches.
- Backup your data regularly.
How Fast Can I Get add E-Commerce to an Existing Website?
To flatten the learning curve, work with a professional to install e-commerce on your business website. Professionals can get you up and running faster than you can on your own. Make sure you get trained on using whatever platform they have so that you will have control over your e-commerce module to maintain your inventory independently. LRS Antilles CMS users can benefit from an e-commerce module designed to work with your website.
How Does the LRS Antilles E-Commerce Module Work?
LRS Antilles Content Manager’s e-commerce module easily allows you to display products and publications, allow ordering, accept payments, and fulfill orders. We have experts on staff to help integrate and automate your existing inventory with your Antilles Store saving you time and money.
What’s more, we will match your branding to the e-commerce store so it blends with your existing website. This will create a beautiful, seamless, and enjoyable experience for your users (so they’ll be more likely to purchase your product). It’s also a secure platform to put your mind at ease.
Can I See Some E-Commerce Examples?
Check out how we've helped a few clients provide online products and resources to their constituents.
Ready to Get Started?
At LRS Web Solutions, we're working harder than ever to help businesses strengthen their digital strategies to improve your sales. E-commerce is just one way to keep your website and your business relevant in today’s turbulent and changing times.
E-Commerce is the "Phase 2" you thought you'd never have time for. What are you waiting for? Contact us and we'll help you start an E-Commerce Store with LRS Antilles Content Manager.
Raise Revenue with Less Hassle.
Make sure your company not only keeps up with the changing times, but excels.
LRS Web Solutions can give your company a competitive edge with e-commerce -- Now.